Who We Are
Green Parent Association, Inc. was established in December 2009 as a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to function as a resource and instrument of change in schools and local communities by empowering families, teachers, and businesses to live greener lifestyles through education and awareness.
Our core areas of interest range from clean and healthy food to environmental issues. Our message is targeted to the mainstream and that it’s not about being perfect, but about doing a little better each and every day. The idea of “Growing Greener Families” was created to encourage and inspire parents and communities to improve children’s lives through the foods they eat and the world in which they live.
Green Parent Association wants to help connect families to all things green and be your “go-to-guru’s” on your Green Journey. We don’t want to reinvent the wheel or duplicate the efforts of other organizations. The primary goal is to help you get information that inspires you to read, research, and continue on a lifetime journey of health and longevity that benefits both you and the planet.
What Shade Of Green Are You?
Remember, it’s not all or nothing. You don’t have to be perfect.
It’s about doing a little better each and every day.
Consider these suggestions so we can all continue Growing Greener Families:
- Eat more plants
- Eat only what you can pronounce
- Buy organic and local whenever possible
- Learn what produce is in season in your area
- Use organic lawn treatments
- Keep your kids away from cell phones
- Reduce environmental toxin exposure
- Get a corded ear phone for your cell phone
- Reduce time with electronics and technology
- Use glass, ceramic, or stainless steel containers
- Find a greener dry cleaner and air out dry cleaning
- Use baking soda and white distilled vinegar for cleaning
- Turn off running water when brushing teeth
- Use shower filters to limit toxins going into the body
- Install a water filter at home to refill stainless water bottles
- Plant items that are indigenous to your area
- Bring your own coffee/tea mug
- Recycle all plastic and paper items
- Bring your own bags for all shopping
- Turn down the thermostat 2° in winter and up 2° in summer